While Ligonier Connect does not have a built-in video conferencing tool, group moderators can add a link to a third-party video conference in a group discussion question or send the link out via email to all group participants.
We recommend making sure your group members are set up on your video conferencing software of choice (such as Zoom, Google Meet, or Skype) prior to your scheduled start time. If sending a link via email, we recommend sending the email at least four hours prior to the meeting start time.
How to add a video conferencing link as a moderator:
1. Under any step in a lesson, scroll to the bottom of the screen and select “What would you like to discuss about this step?” We recommend creating the discussion in either the first or last step of the lesson so that your group members can easily locate the link.
2. After selecting “What would you like to discuss about this step,” a text field will appear where you can insert a title for your link.
3. Under the title, there is another text field where you can paste your video conferencing link.
4. In the lower-left corner is a dropdown menu where you can choose to notify the members of your group.
5. Once you have completed the above steps, click the “Post” button.
The discussion with the link to your third-party video conference will now be visible to your group at the bottom of the step. Once group members open the discussion, they will be able to click the link and join your video conference.
In addition to posting the video conference link in a discussion question in your group, you can also email it to members for quick access.
How to send a video conferencing link in an email to group participants:
1. In your course Path, be sure that you have selected the “Teach” view (this option will appear on the left side of your screen when you are signed in as a moderator).
2. In the “Teach” view, you will see a series of icons on the right side of your screen. Select the first icon (it displays the profile pictures of your group members) to send a message to your group via email.
3. Select the three dots menu at the upper right corner, then press “Message everyone.”
4. Once you have finished creating your message with the video link, click the “Send” button in the lower-right-hand corner of the box. Your email will now be sent to all of your group members.