Once you're ready to open a course for your members in your Blueprint account, there are two ways of inviting them in to join.
How to send personal invitations
Sending personal invites to one person or hundreds of people is quick and easy. Here are two ways to do so:
1. Send invitations by email
- First, view the Path you'd like to invite people to in "Teach" mode.
- Now, select the "Invite" button from the top of the Path. (Note: you'll also find an Invite button on your "View Learners" screen.)
- Enter the email address of each person you wish to invite. To invite many people at once, just add multiple emails with commas in between them.
- Optional: If you'd like to include a personal message along with your invites, choose the "Add a personal message" link.
- Finally, choose the role you'd like the people you're inviting to have (e.g., a learner, a teacher, or a moderator).
- Now, just hit the "Send Invites" button. Your people will receive their invitation in their inbox in moments.
2. Share a private invitation link
If you're looking to invite people to join from your intranet, a Slack channel, or some other communication, using a private invite link is a helpful option. To get a private link:
- Select the "Invite" button from the top of the Path or under the "View Learners" screen.
- Select "get a shareable link."
- Choose the role you'd like the link to register them on.
- Use the "Copy link" button to copy the link into your computer's clipboard.
- Now simply paste the link anywhere you'd like to use it.
💡 Tip: if you're inviting someone who's already signed in, they'll be enrolled instantly as soon as they click the link. If they're not signed in, then they'll be asked to sign-in or create a new account if they're brand new.
How to check if your invites were sent, failed, or accepted
If you're wondering if someone received your invite yet, then here's how to check the status of all the invites you've ever sent to a particular course group:
- Open the Invite screen using the "Invite" button at the top of the Path or from the Learners screen.
- Now, select the "View sent invites" link in the header area just under the Group name. This will open the Sent Invitations screen.
The Sent Invitations screen shows you every invitation you've sent. You'll see the person or email invited on the left as well as the role you invited them to.
On the right side, you'll see the status of the invite:
- Pending means the email hasn't been sent yet.
- Sent means it has been sent to their email address.
- Failed means that their email provider rejected the email and they didn't receive it. If this happens more than once for the same person, then sending them their personal invitation link is a good alternative (see instructions for how to do this below).
- Accepted means that they received the email and joined your course Group.
For each invitation in the list, you also have a few options found under the three vertical dots on the very right side:
- Resend invitation will send the same email again.
- Revoke invitation will make the link already sent no longer work.
- Copy invitation link will copy a private invitation link just for that person to your clipboard to share with them separately. This is a good option if the normal email invite isn't going through because it's being blocked by their ISP or SPAM filter.